Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions for wide range of data problems and platforms. The Data Models & Governance team is comprised of experts in ensuring businesses use a governed transaction data model with robust standards and controls that can be used as a common trusted source. We leverage modelling, analytics, data visualization and trading tools. We are expected to maintain an in-depth understanding of the financial terms, risk management, and trade processing flows for a wide range of products, models and asset classes offered by the firm. This presents a highly visible platform to use your skills and knowledge on challenging and strategic projects to make a direct impact to the firm’s bottom line and speed of business execution.
We look for an associate data engineer who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. An ideal candidate would have strong a strong technical background and problem solving skills, drive to investigate problems and generate new ideas, and the judgement to deliver quick yet robust solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Leverage firm’s APIs and tools for Financial Terms representation
- Build highly-scalable data models catering to firm’s central representation of the products
- Maintain strict governance and standards on the usage of transaction data and models
- Partner with Front Office and Strats for effective risk management of front to back
- Collaborate efficiently within a diverse global team and stakeholders set in business and federation
- Work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment as a self-starter
Skills And Experience We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field: Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering.
- Knowledge about popular design patterns and algorithms
- Knowledge of at least one derivative asset class
- Programming skills in a major programming language
- Understanding of data architecture, modelling and infrastructure
- Efficient and effective communication skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Problem solver with attention to detail who can see complex problems in the data space through end to end
- Experience working in OTC derivative function
- Knowledge of SQL and databases
- Knowledge of more than one financial asset class
- Awareness around Derivatives Regulatory Reforms